….is that you start to think like this.
Here’s where I’m coming from:
(1) completed English major at a liberal arts college (Pomona College)
(2) trained as a management consultant at McKinsey & Company
(3) studied psychology, neuroscience, and linguistics at UCLA in preparation for a Ph.D. in cognitive neuroscience that I never completed
(4) Completed the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program
(5) Well-read (but incompletely self-educated) in evolutionary psychology, behavioral economics, and macroeconomics
In the interests of full disclosure, I should add that I also have a fair bit of training in film-making and storytelling, including a certificate in screenwriting from UCLA Extension and completion of the PBS Producers Workshop. I mention this only because my understanding of storytelling has informed my understanding of human psych, perhaps even more than my 2 years studying cognitive neuroscience!
More about this later….
Share this post
…of my brain.
Goals: (1) to capture more of the thoughts that rumble through my head, (2) to force myself to exert more discipline in my thinking, (3) to find a stronger persuasive voice in my writing, (4) to cast doubt upon items of conventional wisdom, (5) to call attention to scientists (and others) who are humbly trying to figure out how human beings work, (6) to document changes in my life.